Network pool

Are you part of a small professional network at Health? Then you can apply for support for an event or an activity that facilitates learning and knowledge sharing.

Why is the pool created?

The Dean's Office at Health would like to support the faculty's smaller and more informal networks to promote collaboration across disciplines. This means that you can apply for funding for events and activities that bring together researchers and/or teaching staff, primarily from Health, for an academically relevant purpose. 

Who can apply?

All members of academic staff who are employed at Health at least at postdoc level can apply. The initiative is aimed at networks that have emerged from the research environments at Health, and applicants will receive the funding on behalf of a network initiated by researchers.

There is no requirement for the network to be formally established, e.g. through by-laws or similar, or for the network to have a specific number of members. On the other hand, there is an expectation that the network will have a substance that goes beyond the actual event.

Applications from Health's interdisciplinary research network as well as academies and national networks will not be accepted.

What activities can qualify for funding?

The funding may cover expenses incurred in connection with planning and holding a networking event, e.g.:

  • Room rental for AU, security and meals
  • Travel and accommodation expenses for visiting lecturers
  • Fees for speakers/consultants
  • Entertainment expenses, facilitation, etc.
  • Posters, communication and advertising
  • Student assistant hours

The content can be scientific and refer to a specific discipline, it can have an interdisciplinary aim, or it can target more general skills. It’s up to you. The only requirement is that the purpose supports relationships and collaboration across research groups, subject areas and departments at Health. 

There must be a minimum of 20 participants at the event, and approx. 75% of the participants must be from Health. The other approx. 25% can be from other faculties at AU, Aarhus University Hospital, companies, NGOs, universities abroad etc.

The funding cannot be used for study trips or residential courses, nor for workload reduction.

All expenses, including travel and entertainment expenses, fees, etc., must comply with regulations stipulated by AU and the Danish state.

When should the funding be used?

The funding must be used in the calendar year for which it has been granted. In 2023, you can apply for funding for events and activities in 2023 and 2024. In 2024, you can apply for funding for events and activities in 2024.

How much can you apply for?

Each application may apply for and receive a maximum of DKK 15,000. It is not possible to apply more than once for the same event, but the same applicant or group of applicants may apply several times for new events.

When is the deadline for applications?

The Dean's Office will process applications on an ongoing basis, and qualified applicants will be awarded funding on a first-come, first-served basis. 

Application for network pool at Health

Submit application